We are an independent agent who writes policies for over forty different insurance companies. We determine which company is the best option for you depending on price, coverage options and convenience. Below are some of the companies we proudly represent and are authorized to write insurance for:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Bear River Mutual
- Bristol West
- Casualty Underwriters Insurance
- Colonial General
- CSE Insurance
- Four Corners
- Freedom Insurance
- ICM Insurance
- Hallmark Insurance
- The Hartford
- Kemper Insurance Companies
- Milbank Insurance Company
- Nevada Pacific Insurance
- Phoenix Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Auto
- Suncoast Insurance
- Transwestern General
- United Automobile Insurance Group
- Unitrin Insurance
- Victoria Insurance
- Viking Insurance
These companies have received fantastic awards and accomplished great things over the last century. Here are some of the highlights.
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company- Since 1909
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company was named as one of the nation’s top 50 performing insurance companies by the Ward Group for the last three consecutive years. The Ward Group is an operational consulting firm and provider of benchmarking and best-practices services to the insurance industry. Bear River was the only Utah-based insurance company included on the list.
The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world’s most ethical companies.
The Hartford is a large multifaceted company organized to respond rapidly to customers’ changing needs. At the core is a management team dedicated to service and ethical excellence.
Progressive Insurance – Since 1923
In 2011 alone:
- Progressive.com earns the No. 1 spot on the Keynote® Systems Q2 2011 Insurance Carrier Scorecard, produced by Keynote Competitive Research, the industry analysis group of Keynote. Progressive has won every scorecard published since 2004 and has held the top spot for 17 of the last 18 scorecard rankings published since 2000.
- Progressive named as one of GI Jobs magazine’s list of 100 top employers for military veterans. Over 5,000 companies were considered, based on annual revenues of at least $500 million.
- Progressive has a Burning HOT (Hiring Out Talent) rating for 2010-2011 for the Out For Work’s Hot list. OUT for Work is the only national nonprofit organization dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender college students, and their allies for the transition from academia to the workplace.
For over 95 years, Auto-Owners has been dedicated to the independent agency system. We’re proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, and our written premium is over $5 billion.
- A++(Superior) – A.M. Best
- “A” Unsurpassed – Demotech
- Top 50 – Ward Financial Group
- A Excellent – Weiss Ratings, Inc.
- Auto-Owners Insurance ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction with the Auto Insurance Claims Experience, Five Years in a Row, according to J.D. Power and Associates.
State Auto Insurance Company – Since 1921
In 1921, State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company was founded. With three employees and a rented room in downtown Columbus, Ohio, Pein set forth to tackle the inequities in the insurance industry. From the very beginning, State Auto advocated the independent agency system as the best approach to serving the needs of its policyholders. To this day, as hometown neighbors, local independent agents continue to provide efficient, professional and more personalized service than that of their competitors. Just like Robert Pein had always dreamed.
Today, the State Auto Insurance Group employs approximately 2,000 associates and markets its products through more than 3,000 independent agencies in 33 states. Group assets are in excess of $3.25 billion with annual direct written premium in excess of $1.5 billion. Corporate headquarters is in Columbus, Ohio, where State Auto was founded in 1921. Regional headquarters are located in Nashville TN, Indianapolis IN, Columbus OH, Austin TX and Baltimore MD.
The State Auto Group is rated A (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company and consists of State Automobile Mutual, State Auto Property & Casualty, State Auto Ohio, State Auto Wisconsin, State Auto Florida, Milbank, Farmers Casualty, Meridian Security, Meridian Citizens Mutual, Beacon National, Beacon Lloyds, Patrons Mutual and Litchfield Mutual Fire.
Awards and Recognitions:
Since our humble beginnings in 1921, State Auto has grown and persevered through both meek and prosperous times. Our unwavering ethics and heartfelt commitment to our employees, agents and policyholders have led to numerous accolades over the years. Here are just a few of the industry awards we have most recently received:
- Community Awards
- 2012 Indianapolis Children’s Museum Power of Partnership Award
- 2012 Better Business Bureau – Heritage Membership
- 2006 Best Places to Work in Central Ohio, Business First newspaper
- 2005 Award of Excellence, Operation Feed
- 2002 Front-Runner Award, United Way
- Industry Awards
- 2012 Interface Parter Award, Applied Systems
- 2011 Interface Partner Award, Applied Systems
- 2009 Company of the Year, Independent Insurance Agents of Indiana (IIAI)
- 2009 Interface Partner Award, Applied Systems
- 2009 ACORD Innovate Implementation Award
- 2003-2008 Mergent Dividend Achiever (STFC)
- 2008 Eagle Award (Company of the Year), Ohio Big “I”
- 2007 Interface Partner Award, Applied Systems
- 2006 Best Managed Insurance Company in America (STFC), Forbes magazine
- 2005, 2006 Member of Forbes’ Platinum 400 list of top publicly traded companies (STFC)
- 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Upload Company of the Year, ACORD
- 2004 Company of the Year – Total Implementations, ACORD
- 2004 Company of the Year, Indiana Professional Insurance Agents
- 2004 Presidential Citation, Professional Insurance Agents of Ohio
- 2002 Company of the Year, Kentucky Professional Insurance Agents
Safeco Insurance – Since 1923
In September 2008, Safeco became part of Liberty Mutual Insurance. The financial strength of our parent company, combined with a national network of local independent agents, has enabled Safeco to focus exclusively on personal insurance. We offer a comprehensive mix of coverage, pricing and personalized service to individuals and families looking to protect their homes, autos and more.
Safeco Insurance makes a difference in the communities where we live and work through grants, meaningful sponsorships, direct employee involvement and contributions given on behalf of Safeco independent agents.
Call us now to get a quote with the company that suits your family best!